Friday, January 17, 2014

Frostbite Fridays

I layered myself well, i really did, steeling myself against the bitter, wind-whipping cold outside because i just can't let the fact that Cincinnati is actually having a winter this year stay this intrepid photographer from the pursuit of his sacred art…but it just wasn't enough. Sure, i was toasty warm all over, Literally from head to toe…except, of course, for my naked fingers sticking out of my super cool, glow in the dark, skeleton hand, cut-off gloves. My goal was another trip to Wesleyan Cemetery, now beautifully dusted with a thin layer of snow. But i couldn't get more than a few block before i realized that my hands were so vulnerable that shooting was impossible. My fingers were quickly heading for frostbite. It took more than 5 minutes after i got home for the severe pain to subside. The tips of my fingers are still tingling as i type.
Lesson learned. Tomorrow i hit Northside surplus for some real gloves.
I did manage a few captures before surrendering to the pain…

©David Sorcher 2014

©David Sorcher 2014

©David Sorcher 2014

©David Sorcher 2014

©David Sorcher 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment